2017 Lunch and Leadership Series
Developing a Strong Board of Directors
This workshop reviews the essential responsibilities of every nonprofit board of directors, regardless of mission, size, or location.Participants will leave with a better understanding of what the duties of a board are and with the tools needed to perform those duties. Participants will also understand the foundation for a great working relationship between the lead staff person and the board.
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 11:15 am - 1:30 pm EDT
- Where: Community Foundation fo Jackson County, 107 Community Way, Seymour, IN
- Presenter: June Miller, Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network
- Sponsors: Jackson County United Way, Community Foundation of Jackson County, the Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce, the Jackson County Visitor Center, and Brownstown Chamber of Commerce
- Cost: $20, includes lunch and materials
- Register: www.seymourchamber.chambermaster.com/events/
- August 8 - Strategic Planning ...Seven Steps to Success
- November 9 - Crucial Conversations: Learn to Successfully Navigate the Conversations You are Avoiding
The Board's Role in Fundraising
Getting members of a nonprofit board of directors to actively participate in fundraising can be one of the biggest challenges faced by a nonprofit. The first step is to understand the nature and facts about charitable giving. Secondly, it is important to understand that there are dozens of ways in which board members can fundraise, depending entirely on their personal preferences. Participants in this workshop will understand these two concepts and more, and they will believe that "fundraising is NOT begging, it is a values exchange!"
- When: Thursday, June 1, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
- Where: LifeLong Learning Center, 1092 W. Community Way, Scottsburg, IN
- Presenter:June Miller, Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network
- Sponsors: Scott County Community Foundation
- Cost: $10, includes lunch and materials
- Register: Contact Jaime Toppe
- September 7 - We've Got to Stop Meeting Like This! The Secrets to Effective Meetings
Using #Social Media in Your Nonprofit Marketing and Fundraising Efforts
This workshop will help you learn more about each platform and understand the target user base, all while providing actual marketing and fundraising tactics
that you can implement when you get back to your desk.
- When: Wednesday, May 17, 11:15 am - 2:00 pm CDT
- Where: United Way of Southwestern Indiana, 501 NW 4th Street, Evansville, IN
- Presenter: Laura Macknick, Macknick Philanthropy Advisors
- Sponsors: Vanderburgh Community Foundation, Indiana Arts Commission and Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network
- Register: http://unitedwayswi.org/supported-programs/in-nonprofit-network/
- July 20 - Engage and Retain Donors
- September 21 - Nonprofit Legal Update
Watch your e-mail and the calendar for more information.