2017 Douglas W. Eberle Not-for-Profit Board Governance Series
This series, named after the late Douglas W. Eberle, is especially designed for volunteer leaders on nonprofit boards. The series is open to any Indiana nonprofit, though preference is given to Tippecanoe and surrounding counties, and limited to 75 attendees per session.
- August 2 - The Leadershop YOU Bring: A Boomers Guide to Greater Impact
- September 13 - Minimizing Risk and Preventing Fraud
- October 4 - Evaluating Your Board and Recruiting New Talent
- November 1 - Engaging Millennials to Serve and Give
- Where: The Lafayette Country Club, 1500 S. 9th Street, Lafayette IN 47905
- Sponsors: The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette, North Central Health Services, United Way of Greater Lafayette, and Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network.
- Cost: $20 per person, includes lunch
- Register: http://www.uwlafayette.org/indiana-nonprofit-resource-network
NOTE: August 2, please contact Tonja directly.
The Putnam and Montgomery Nonprofit Learning Series
- Sponsors: Putnam County Community Foundation and the Montgomery County Community Foundation in conjunction with the Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network. Crawfordsville-based workshops also receive support from the Hoosier Heartland State Bank
- Cost: $15 per person per workshop in advance / $25 on site registration, includes lunch
- Register: www.mccf-in.org/grants/
- Questions: Tanis Monday, Putnam County Community Foundation, 765-653-4978, Cheryl Keim, Montgomery County Community Foundation, 765-362-1267
Strategic Planning - Anchor Strategy: Preparing for the Unexpected
The purpose of this workshop is to help nonprofits become better able to cope with continual change and uncertainty by equipping them with an "anchor strategy", comprised of three core elements of nonprofit strategy.
- The Core, which defines what we do, for whom, and why
- The Strategy Driver, which determines what business we are in
- The Strategy Boundaries, which determines what we will not do
- When: Tuesday, August 8, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
- Where: The Inn at DePauw University, 2 W. Seminary Street, Greencastle, IN
- Presenter:Mike Stone, Impact Strategies, Inc.
- September 12 - Financial Best Practices and Essential Policies, Melanie Lockwood Herman, Nonprofit Risk Management Center
- October 10 - Telling your Story and Evaluating Impact, Jennifer Pendleton, Aly Sterling Philanthropy
- November 14 - How to Make the Ask and Be Held Accountable for Success: Boards in Fundraising, Aly Sterling, Aly Sterling Philanthropy